Lend A Helping Paw Shih Tzu Rescue™ (LAHPSTR) is an all-volunteer 501(c)(3) organization operating with no paid employees. Volunteers make an invaluable contribution to the quality of our initiatives. Their passion, commitment and dedication drive our mission of enhancing the lives of our furballs.
We are currently seeking to expand our organization with Board Members and non-Board Member Committee volunteers who are passionate about the vision of LAHPSTR, and have expertise in law, media, marketing/public relations, accounting, finance, philanthropy, education, and animal rescue services.
- Promote the mission of the organization in the community;
- Participate in governance and regulatory compliance efforts;
- Help raise funds and other resources needed for organizational operations;
- Ensure the legal and ethical integrity of the organization;
- Maintain knowledge of the organization and personal commitment to its goals and objectives;
- Remain in good standing throughout association with LAHPSTR; and
- Other responsibilities as may be determined for the specific position.
- Participate in governance and regulatory compliance activities by providing operational, administrative and legal support to the Board;
- Lead grant processes by identifying relevant grant programs and applying to funding bodies in a timely manner;
- Support the organization’s fundraising efforts through individual fundraising efforts such as gift solicitations and networking events; planning and executing auctions and other fundraising activities; managing and participating in procurement activities, and partnering with businesses, to co-host events or support other fundraising activities;
- Create and implement strategies for donor acquisition; identify prospective donors; and promote fundraising cultivation and stewardship practices;
- Willingness to take an active role by serving on one or more standing committees and participating in discussions, fundraising activities and decisions that are put before the Board or Committee;
- Ability to network within the community and professional connections to build relationships, generate leads and identify opportunities for those outside the organization to support the vision and mission of LAHPSTR;
- Pilot ad-hoc projects;
- Willingness to commit to attend all (most) of the board or committee meetings;
- A passion for the mission on behalf of all of LAHPSTR’s constituents;
- Previous nonprofit board or work experience strongly preferred but not required.
This opportunity provides a rewarding and meaningful way to contribute to our vibrant organization. If you would like to help further our goals and vision to new levels as we position ourselves for sustainable growth, contact us.
Open until filled